Fuel and Lube Technician
Sureway Construction offers a fantastic opportunity to join a leading team in the heavy civil construction industry. We offer a friendly, fast paced environment with plenty of room for career advancement, great benefits, and a strong team of professionals.
Sureway Construction Group of Companies is currently taking resumes for a Fuel and Lube Technician in Edmonton (must be able to travel for work).
Reporting to the Fuel and Maintenance Manager, the job of a Fuel and Lube Technician is to fuel, lube and perform general maintenance on field equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
The responsibilities of the Fuel and Lube Technician include, but are not limited to:
- Perform daily servicing of all machinery including: fueling, lubrication, fluid levels, tire pressure, components, and filters all equipment in the field
- Maintain the work area in a safe and organized manner
- Diagnose and completes preventive maintenance on company equipment
- Communicate with maintenance division regarding repairs and parts that are required for equipment out in the field
- Maintains record of work performed on equipment and completes daily vehicle log.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Must have a valid Class 3 driver’s license with air brakes (no GDL)
- 1-3 year experience as a fuel and lube driver is an asset.
- Mechanic background or experience is an asset.
- Ability to work in physically demanding conditions and for long hours.
- Must be flexible working various shifts and hours as required, including being available for day/night shifts
- Committed to working in a safe and efficient manner.
- CSA approved steel toed boots with 6” ankle support.
- CSTS-09, and H2S Awareness training is an asset.
- TDG training is required.
- Successful candidates are required to have personal reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
- Candidates must successfully complete orientation.
- May be subject to Criminal Record checks depending on site requirements.
Sureway Construction is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We’re Ready. Are You?