Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
Sureway Construction offers a fantastic opportunity to join a leading team in the construction industry. We offer a friendly, fast paced environment with plenty of room for career advancement, great benefits, and a strong team of professionals.
Sureway Construction Group of Companies is currently hiring Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanics for our shop located in Edmonton.
*** Please note, this position is local to Edmonton, AB. No LOA or Camp accommodations provided. Relocation assistance available.***
Why work for Sureway? We offer:
- 10-13 hour shifts
- Overtime after 8 hours/day or 44/week
- Travel Pay
- Tool Allowance
- Boot Allowance
- 38 bay Cutting Edge Shop with dedicated Engine, Transmission and Machining bays.
- T300 - 14000 Crane
- In house Line Boring
- In house Certified Inspection facility
- Competitive Compensation Package
- RRSP and TFSA matching
Now accepting applications for employees and contractors
Reporting to the Shop Foreman the job of the Heavy Duty Mechanic is to trouble shoot, diagnose, repair and maintain equipment in the shop.
The responsibilities of the Heavy Duty Mechanic include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that all equipment is continually maintained at the highest standards, and in a timely manner, resulting in proper function and availability.
- Conduct performance and quality checks according to procedure.
- Ability to read/trouble shoot and diagnose using hydraulic and electronic schematics.
- Perform preventative, planned and unplanned maintenance, repair, overhaul, trouble shoot and test mechanical and electronic equipment according to company standards.
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program, and encourage all employees, subcontractors and consultants to adopt safety as a culture.
- Attend daily and weekly safety meetings and inspections.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Must be a Red Seal Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician – Off Road or equivalent.
- Must have between (5) and (10) years' Journeyperson experience in the Field.
- Off Road experience is REQUIRED.
- Experience with CAT E.T. and S.I.S. is REQUIRED.
- Experience with CAT Scrapers is beneficial
Sureway Construction Group adheres to employment equity and equal opportunity programs and encourages all women, visible minorities, Aboriginals and disabled persons to apply. We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We’re Ready. Are You?