Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic - Shop
Sureway Construction offers a fantastic opportunity to join a leading team in the heavy civil construction industry. We offer a friendly, fast paced environment with plenty of room for career advancement, great benefits, and a strong team of professionals.
Sureway Construction Group of Companies is currently hiring Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanics in Edmonton.
*** Please note, this position is local to Edmonton, AB. No LOA or Camp accommodations provided. Relocation assistance available.***
Reporting to the Foreman, the job of the Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic is to repair and maintain all equipment in a safe, timely and cost efficient manner.
- Ensuring that all equipment is continually maintained at the highest standards, and in a timely manner, resulting in proper function and availability.
- Conduct performance and quality checks according to procedure.
- Ability to read/trouble shoot and diagnose using hydraulic and electronic schematics.
- Perform preventative, planned and unplanned maintenance, repair, overhaul, trouble shoot and test mechanical and electronic equipment according to company standards.
- Promote image and safety awareness; follow policies and procedures on quality, health, safety and environment.
- Must ensure a solid understanding of, and comply with the principles of the company’s Code of Ethics. Must examine situations in light of the principles of the Code of Ethics.
- Participate as a vital team member, and contribute towards the success of the organization, which may involve the provision of other technical and administrative support, as required.
- Promote a team approach and maintain dialogue with all employees to exchange information and gather ideas.
- Collaborate with any project teams on other special initiatives, as required.
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program, and encourage all employees, subcontractors and consultants to adopt safety as a culture.
- Attend daily and weekly safety meetings and inspections.
- Work with the Foreman/Safety Department to investigate damage, incidents or near misses on the worksite, and ensure proper procedures are carried out according to the Company’s Safety Program.
- Work in a safe, responsible manner to not intentionally or unintentionally injure oneself, or endanger the wellbeing of others.
- Capable of working independently, as well as, in a team environment. Adept to efficiently and effectively working unsupervised.
- Capable of working in a physically demanding multi-tasking work environment.
- Demonstrate a high attention to detail, be extremely organized and have the ability to reliably document failures and repairs.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Must be a Red Seal Journeyperson Heavy Equipment Technician – Off Road or equivalent.
- Must have between (5) and (10) years' Journeyperson experience at a minimum
- Off Road experience is REQUIRED.
- 5 years Field experience is REQUIRED
- Experience with CAT E.T. and S.I.S. is REQUIRED.
CATERPILLAR EXPERIENCE required:
- D6 - D10 dozer experience
- 20 - 85 metric ton excavator experience
- 14 - 16 series grader experience
- 627 and or 657 scraper experience
KOMATSU EXPERIENCE required:
- D85 - D375 dozer experience
- Pc 200 - Pc 1250 excavator experience
- Wa 200 - Wa 600 loader experience
- CSA approved steel toed boots with 6” ankle support
- Ability to work in physically demanding conditions.
- Successful candidates are required to have reliable personal transportation, a valid driver’s license (non GDL), and must successfully pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
- Candidates may be subject to criminal record checks depending on site requirements.
ALL EXPERIENCE LISTED IS NOT ESSENTIAL BUT SOME PORTION WILL BE REQUIRED IN ORDER TO APPLY
OPTION FOR WORKING UP NORTH ON A FLY IN & OUT ROTATION MAY BE AVAILABLE
Sureway Construction is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We’re Ready. Are You?