Crane/Equipment Operator – Fort McMurray
Sureway Construction is one of Alberta’s largest heavy construction contractors, involved in; civil earthworks and grading, utilities and offsite, mine operation and aggregate extraction.
2023 Season 5% RETENTION BONUS (*as per qualifying requirements)
Proudly celebrating our 50th Anniversary in 2023!
We offer: Benefits, RRSP/TFSA Matching
Job Type: Full Time, Seasonal
Schedule: 10+ hours per day, 6 & 1, OT after 8hr/day or 44hr/week
Location: Fort McMurray and Surrounding Area’s - no direct access to public transportation
Essential: Hard-working, reliable, flexible with schedule, ability to work in physically demanding conditions
- Personal Reliable Vehicle
- CSA approved steel toed boots with 6” ankle support
- Valid Red Seal Journeyman Crane Ticket
- Drug and alcohol testing (swab-based test)
- Successful completion of Company Orientation and site-specific orientation
Crane/Equipment Operator Responsibilities:
- Assures that all lifts are within load limits of equipment and correctly rigged.
- Responsible for slings, cables, straps, and the crane prior to lifting operations.
- Maintain visual and radio contact with ground operators according to best practices and site safety regulations and respond to questions and instruction clearly and quickly.
- Operate equipment/crane in close proximity to ground personnel and other equipment
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program, and encourage all employees, subcontractors and consultants to adopt safety as a culture.
- This is a general responsibilities list and does not include all responsibilities required of the position.
Crane/Equipment Operator Qualifications:
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience as a crane operator.
- Various heavy equipment operator experience
- Experience with finishing work required.
Sureway Construction Group is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all applicants for submitting their resume; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We’re Ready. Are You?